Robert Wagner Says Daughter Natasha 'Knows I Never Would Have Done Anything to Hurt Her Mother'
Once she reached her 40s and became a mom herself, Natasha Gregson Wagner had a newfound desire to rediscover her mother Natalie Wood - and protect her legacy.
Part of that was addressing the mystery of how she ended up in the waters off of Catalina Island in the early morning hours of Nov. 29, 1981, and addressing the painful speculation that Wood's husband, Robert Wagner , the man who raised her and her sisters Katie and Courtney, had failed to save his wife and bore some kind of responsibility.
It's a subject Natasha, 49, examines in her memoir More Than Love, excerpted in the current issue of PEOPLE , and the HBO documentary Natalie Wood: What Remains Behind, airing May 5.
“For so many years we were advised to ignore or not talk about it,” says Natasha. (Her biological father was Natalie's second husband, Richard Gregson, and she calls both men her dad.) “But enough is enough. I know that if my mom had been in any kind of distress, he would have given his life for her.”
“It's true,” Wagner, 90, says in a...
The last Posts from "Celebrity Babies"
- David Lynch and Duran Duran Launch Initiative for Medical Professionals Fighting Coronavirus
- Brett Young's Baby Makes a Surprise Appearance on His New Single: 'She Was a Little Musician Before She Knew It'
- Marcus Samuelsson's Chocolate Rum Cake with Cinnamon Whipped Cream
- Hilarie Burton Says the Sexual Harassment She Suffered ‘Affects How I Parent My Daughter'
- The Best Money Lessons for Kids of All Ages, Whether Just Starting Chores or Facing College Debt
- Tom Selleck on the Future of Blue Bloods: ‘I Don't Think There Is an End Point'
- 7 Ridiculously Easy Ways to Save Money While Shopping Online
- Thousands of Kids Tune In to This Kindergarten Teacher's Online Classes During Coronavirus
- Courtney Wagner 'Furious' Over Accusations Against Her Dad Robert: 'People Exploited My Family'
- Baby on the Way for Evan Ross and Ashlee Simpson: 'They Always Wanted a Big Family,' Says Source
- Jane Krakowski Tried Out for Friends 10 Years After Jennifer Aniston Auditioned for Her Soap
- Blake Lively Whipped Up Homemade Waffles That Look Exactly Like Cookie Monster
- Tony Goldwyn Talks Plans for Upcoming 60th Birthday: ‘Hopefully We Won't Be Doing It Over Zoom'
- Single Mom & Mail Carrier Moves Son in with Grandma to Protect Him in Case She Gets Coronavirus
- Home Town's Ben and Erin Napier Say Family Will Always Come First: ‘Staying Healthy and Happy Is Our No. 1 Priority'
- JoJo Was Celibate for 10 Months While Recording New Album After Cheating on Ex-Boyfriend
- Sandra Lee Transforms Pantry Staples into 6 Amazing Dishes-Get Her Easy Recipes!
- Heather Locklear's Daughter Ava, Ex Richie Sambora 'Are Giving Her a Lot of Support' amid Recovery
- RHOBH: Denise Richards and Aaron Phypers Claim There Are 'People Following Us' Due to His Career
The headlines of PourElles
Meghan Markle And Prince Harry Kept This Part Of Their Love Story A...
"Finding Freedom," a book about the royal couple, still leaves out this very important detail.
McIntosh's New MC1502 Vacuum Tube Amp Was Made for Serious Audiophiles
McIntosh Labs has just released a new two-channel vacuum tube amplifier that's sure to please audiophiles. The MC1502 is based on the award-winning limited edition MC2152 70th...
THE DAILY OBSESSIONS
A collaboration with Ports 1961. The Leather Belt. Photography by Joseph Molines.
Choose Blue Ridge, Georgia for an Intimate Wedding or Reception
Related posts: Sulfur Ridge™ is Tennessee's First Luxury Treehouse™ and Shasta Camp Ashley MacDonald Floral Designs: Trusting the Creative Process Becca & Louie Said I Do at...
Acclaimed Nashville Singers, Drew & Ellie Holcomb, Show Neighborly Love with...
Related posts: Tuscany, Italy: Eat, Drink, and Marry Under the Tuscan Sun Celebrating Those Who Loved Us First on National Parents Day Swoon-Worthy First Dance Songs
Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion May Have Inspired the Return of This Popular...
If there's anything we took away from Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion's record-shattering new music video for "WAP" - aside from how important it is for women to own their...
It All Worked Out! See What Jason Mesnick's ‘Bachelor' Finalists Molly and...
It's been over a decade since fans met Molly Mesnick and Melissa Rycroft on Jason Mesnick‘s season of The Bachelor, and a lot has changed since the season 13 lead pulled...
‘Spongebob Squarepants' Spin-Off Series ‘The Patrick Star Show' in the Works...
SpongeBob 's best friend is now getting his own spin-off show called The Patrick Star Show. The show will be focused on the titular pink starfish and will be voiced once again...
Meghan Markle Needed ‘More Support' from Kate Middleton, Claims Royal Expert
A royal biographer believes that Meghan Markle needed Kate Middleton's support before her royal exit, and it's possible that the Duchess of Cambridge knew this yet “didn't”...
A Timeline of Chris Pratt and Katherine Schwarzenegger's Whirlwind Romance
Happily ever after! Chris Pratt and Katherine Schwarzenegger were engaged, married and pregnant within two years - and they wouldn't want it any other way. The Guardians of the...