NHL Star Oskar Lindblom Diagnosed with Rare Bone Cancer, Is Not Expected to Play Rest of Season
Philadelphia Flyers forward Oskar Lindblom has been diagnosed with a rare form of bone cancer.
In a statement on Friday, the Flyers' President of Hockey Operations and General Manager Chuck Fletcher confirmed Lindblom was diagnosed with Ewing's sarcoma by specialists at the University of Pennsylvania.
Fletcher said the 23-year-old hockey player will “undergo further testing and evaluation next week” and begin treatment immediately after that. Lindblom is not expected to play for the rest of the season.
“The Flyers will do everything possible to support Oskar and assist him in securing the best care available,” Fletcher said. “Out of respect for Oskar and his family, the team will have no further comment at this time and asks that Oskar be afforded a period of privacy so that he may focus his efforts on his treatment and a return to full health.”
We're all fighting with oskarlindblom. pic.twitter.com/8ceHDn4OCk
- Philadelphia Flyers December 13, 2019
After news of Lindblom's diagnosis, the...
The last Posts from "Celebrity Babies"
- Vanessa Hudgens Cheers on Kyle Kuzma at Lakers Game After Their Night Out
- Channing Tatum and Jessie J Are Back Together After Month-Long Breakup: Source
- Hilary Rhoda and Sean Avery Expecting Their First Child Together After Suffering Multiple Miscarriages
- A New To All the Boys: P.S. I Still Love You Trailer Is Here and Lara Jean's Love Story Is 'Just Beginning'
- Channing Tatum Teams Up with Disney in Upcoming Movie Bob the Musical
- Tyra Banks Delivers Passionate Speech on the Dark Side of Fashion: 'Don't Get Me Started on the '90s'
- Shooting in Seattle Leaves at Least 1 Dead and Multiple Injured While Suspects Remain at Large
- Lena Waithe and Wife Alana Mayo Split Just 2 Months After Announcing Their Marriage
- Olivia Culpo Defends Friend Cara Santana After Split with Jesse Metcalfe: 'Nobody Likes a Cheater'
- Influencer Under Fire After Faking an Injury to Get a Business Class Upgrade on Flight
- Cara Santana 'Had No Idea Things Weren't Fine' with Jesse Metcalfe, Says Source
- North Carolina Shelter Makes Hilarious Adoption Ad for 'World's Worst Cat': 'She's Just a Jerk'
- Google Honors Chinese-American Movie Star Anna May Wong: All About Her Trailblazing Career
- Oprah Winfrey Says She Supports Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's Royal Exit '1,000 Percent'
- Amazon Just Dropped a Slew of Hidden Deals for Prime Members
- Baby Fever? Kourtney Kardashian Tells a Fan She Wishes She Were Pregnant
- YouTube Personality Taylor Nicole Dean Denies Any of Her Pets Have Died from Neglect
- RHONJ: Teresa Giudice Says Joe Giudice Told Her That Her 'Baggage' Means No Man Would Want Her
- Aaron Rodgers' Family 'Dismayed' by the Quarterback's Comments on Religion as Their Feud Continues
- Ohio Metal Plant Worker Dies After Falling Into a Chemical Vat of Acid
The headlines of PourElles
SUICOKE Enlists Vibram For Tactical Spring 2020 Collection
Japanese mainstay SUICOKE has delivered its Spring 2020 collection, following on from yesterday's preview of the upcoming collaboration with ALANUI. Unlike the ALANUI pairs...
Virgil Abloh Revisits the Suit with Louis Vuitton Fall '20 Collection
Virgil Abloh embraces “Expanding Horizons” with Louis Vuitton's fall-winter 2020 men's collection. The suit is the hero piece of the season as Abloh explores its evolution...
Asos 'back on track' after record Black Friday
Asos has reported a 20% year-on-year rise in total group revenues to £1.1bn for the four months to 31 December 2019, as a result of a “record Black Friday” and strong customer...
Fashion legend Jean-Paul Gaultier bows out in style
Jean-Paul Gaultier has bowed out of fashion with all the cheek and showmanship with which he has lit it up over the last half century. The legendary French provocateur bid...
Mothercare CEO and chairman step down
Mothercare has announced that its chief executive officer Mark Newton-Jones has today stepped down as part of the company's “transformation plans”.
4 Royally Banned Trends Meghan Markle Can Wear Now
It was the announcement heard around the world: Earlier this month, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle revealed their plans to step back as senior royals and split their time...
Cara Santana 'Had No Idea Things Weren't Fine' with Jesse Metcalfe, Says Source
Cara Santana had “no idea” that her fiancé Jesse Metcalfe was over, a source tells PEOPLE just days after the actor was photographed with two other women. “She was wearing her...
Jean Paul Gaultier
Jean Paul Gaultier Haute Couture Spring 2020 Show
Jean-Paul Gaultier Presents His Last Couture Show in Paris for Spring 2020
Jean-Paul Gaultier promised his final Haute Couture show would be a celebration. And he stayed true to his word, hosting a festive Spring 2020 presentation at the Théatre du...
Juice WRLD's cause of death is ruled an accidental overdose
Juice WRLD 's death was ruled an accidental overdose by the Cook County Medical Examiner today. The Chicago rapper was just 21 when he died after suffering cardiac arrest-like...